Terms & Conditions
- DELIVERY CHARGES AND SHIPPING We courier orders by either Fastway or Aramex Couriers. Fastway does not operate in most of the Eastern Cape and in some remote areas so please check if Fastway covers your area before choosing them as a shipping option. Aramex deliver countrywide. Their service is generally 24 hour delivery but can take maximum 3 business days in remote areas.
- NON-REPUDIATION OF PAYMENT – By clicking on the above buttons, you agree to the terms and conditions in this document and commit to the purchase and payment of items purchased. It is entirely the discretion of the seller (Autotools.co.za) whether to allow order cancellations depending on if stock has been reserved or not. An order cancellation fee of 15% of the value of your order may be levied. The seller reserves the right to report non-payers to ITC and any other bureaus of similar functionality, and revoke all access to membership and shopping areas on this web site.Payments which are stopped or cancelled one an item has been dispatched and/or received by the purchaser may result in a charge of theft been laid against the purchaser and criminal proceedings will be followed.Autotools.co.za further reserves the right to cancel any order where payment has not been received withing 24 hours.
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS – Due to high incidences of credit card fraud and that the merchant is at 100% risk with an on-line transaction, if you are a first time buyer paying by credit card and your order is over R500.00 the Seller reserves the right to request any combination of the following:Your ID numberA faxed copy of the front and back of the credit cardA faxed copy of the cardholders ID bookA letter of authorisation with two contact telephone numbers signed by the card holder allowing Autotools.co.za to debit your card.When we have received one or more of these documents we will get authorisation from the bank for your credit card and we can then process your order. Please note that failure to provide said documentation on request from the seller will lead to lengthy delays in the shipment of your order or even lead to order cancellation. The information we receive from these documents will be protected by our Privacy Statement in this document. We do apologise for the inconvenience.
- BANK DEPOSITS AND BANK TRANSFERS – For bank transfers and Internet transfers, please send proof of payment directly from your internet banking. Otherwise allow 1-2 working days for the payment to reflect in our account. Contrary to popular belief, these payments are NOT immediate. For cheque deposits you must allow 5-7 working days for your cheque to clear. If your payment via direct transfer is not received within 24 hours of placing your order, we will automatically cancel your order as we cannot reserve stock indefinitely.
- STOCK AVAILABILITY – Your items will only be shipped once your payment has cleared. Most of our items are normally in stock, however all items are subject to availability as depicted on the item shopping pages. Certain items do have a longer lead time than others. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available and quote you an approximate shipping date. Alternatively you can contact Dave@autotools.co.za before placing your order to confirm item availability. It is at the sellers’ discretion to do part-shipments of orders.
- PRICE FLUCTUATIONS – The seller reserves the right to change prices of item on the site at any time. We may do this to react to competitive conditions, stock levels, currency exchange rate fluctuations or for the purposes of running specials and stock clearance sales. In most instances the size of incoming shipments drastically effect shipping costs and prices from our suppliers which may also effect pricing. We may also pass on specials or price increases from our suppliers. We are in no way obligated to pass credits for items previously purchased that may currently be at lower prices than what you purchased them for. Conversely we are not obligated to honour previous prices at which items are purchased.
- OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS – All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Autotools.co.za. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Autotools.co.za. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose. This site is owned and operated by Auto Tools SA (Pty) Ltd, reg. 2017/528674/07 trading as www.Autotools.co.za.
- ACCURACY OF CONTENT – Autotools.co.za. has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. All prices are displayed inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.Packaging may vary from that shown. The weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Autotools.co.za disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. Autotools.co.za shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
- ORDERING ERRORS – You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on “submit” or “make payment” on the final page of our ordering process. Autotools.co.za cannot accept responsibility for items incorrectly ordered or non-compatibility of accessories with your device. The onus is on the Purchaser to ensure compatibility of accessories before making purchases. It is up to the sellers discretion to allow returns based on incorrect items being ordered. See section 14 “Returns”.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER – If you have supplied us with your email address, we will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and email you again to confirm details. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon dispatch of the product(s) ordered.
- GIFT WRAPPING – We are unable to offer a gift wrapping service at present.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES – We might place links on this website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. Autotools.co.za cannot accept any liability in respect of the use or accuracy of content of these websites.
- RETURNS AND REFUNDS – If your items are received faulty, please return it to us in or with its original packaging within 7 days of receipt and we will send you a replacement. After 7 days faulty goods will be first be inspected and then sent to the supplier for repair or replacement. Due to the type of products we deal, we do not offer refunds for goods incorrectly ordered or claimed to be incompatible with your device. If you are not sure of the compatibility of a product for your needs, phone or e-mail us before ordering, and we will either check or ask our supplier what is appropriate for you.
Please note that we do not accept returns or offer refunds if you are unhappy with the product design, coloring, operation, specifications and functionality. These are items under control of the manufacturer and not us. We merely market and resell their equipment. The onus is upon the client to research the particular product’ functionality, specifications sheets through either manufacturer documentation or websites, user forums and review sites before making purchases. If you have queries about a product please contact Autotools.co.za before placing your order.
- Returns of out-of-box failure products cannot be accepted if the product, cables, and protective packing or accessories are damaged, torn or missing from the original packaging. If the product is damaged or appears mishandled in any way then a return or refund will not be accepted. The Purchaser is responsible for costs of shipping for returns and the Seller is responsible for shipping of replacement units if the unit is faulty. It is entirely the discretion of the seller to allow returns in exchange for other goods. In this case the cost of return shipment is for the buyers’ account. If the seller allows a return, a 20% re-stocking fee is chargeable. Returned goods remain your property and responsibility until such time as Autotools.co.za signs acceptance of the return delivery of the goods. We strongly advise you to use a secure courier service for the return of goods. Any item returned to Autotools.co.za where the purchaser deems to the item to be faulty and it is found to be in working order will be only be shipped back to the purchaser once the shipping fee has been paid by the purchaser. By default the item will be shipped with normal parcel post unless requested to do otherwise by the purchaser.
- LIMITED WARRANTY – All our electronics goods carry a Limited Warranty, depending on the item. All warranty claims after 7 days must involve the faulty items being returned to Autotools.co.za for replacement or repair. Non electronic goods including accessories, cables are covered by a 7 day OTB (out the box) warranty. Goods found to be faulty within 7 days of purchase will be swapped out for a new replacement. In order to provide you with the most competitive purchase prices possible, Autotools.co.za imports all their products directly from distributors/resellers of various manufacturers and as such we will support the purchaser in terms of warranty and after sales service as per the Limited Warranty. In this case any authorised South African distributor of these products is under no obligation to honour the manufacturers guarantees/warrantees or to provide after sales service.
- PASSWORD / ACCOUNT SECURITY – You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Autotools.co.za shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. If you feel your account has been compromised you must notify us immediately on ph. 076 536 9303 or ph. 021 492 5073.
- SITE, SHOP AND FORUM MEMBERSHIP – The seller reserves the right to discontinue your membership to the shopping cart, forums and newsletter subscriptions at any time.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS – Only bank transfers or Paypal are considered for International orders.
- USE OF FM TRANSMITTERS – Please note that the use of FM transmitters may be illegal or contravene certain regulations in your region or country and you are advised to observe the rules and laws in your region. By purchasing this device you agree to indemnify Autotools.co.za from any losses, damages, claims or expenses incurred by yourself in its use.
20. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Save as set out in the terms, Autotools.co.za makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, or implied in law or residual) regarding the website and the products and the website and products made available via the website are provided “as is”.
Neither Autotools.co.za or its directors shall be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) and/or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party, as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website and/or any information contained on or via the website and/or your use of the products purchased. Without limiting the generality of the a foregoing, neither Autotools.co.za nor its directors shall be liable for any failure and/or unavailability of the website for any reason whatever and/or the failure/delay by any third party service provider to render any service which are necessary to ensure the availability of the website. You hereby indemnify Autotools.co.za or its directors against any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party as a result of or which may be attributable directly or indirectly to the aforesaid. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Autotools.co.za shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, contingent or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of business, loss of data and/or loss of profits) incurred or sustained by you or any third party howsoever arising in respect of your use of or reliance of any information offered on or via the website and/or your use of the products.
By using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions in this document and commit to the purchase and payment of items purchased. It is entirely the discretion of the seller (Autotools.co.za) whether to allow order cancellations depending on if stock has been reserved or not. An order cancellation fee of 15% of the value of your order will be levied. The seller reserves the right to report non-payers to ITC and any other bureaus of similar functionality, and revoke all access to membership and shopping areas on this web site.