New August 2023 Model Launch X431 PRO3 Apex is the 5th gen replacement for Launch X431 PRO3 and X431 v+ 4.0
Autotools.co.za is the first LAUNCH distributor in Africa to offer this new model.
What is New in Launch X431 PRO3 Apex?
- Launch X431 PRO3 Apex has a new PRO3 v5.0 generation upgraded tablet with Android 10.0 operation system, 4GB memory and 64GB internal storage, ensuring faster and smoother diagnosis
- Newly designed VCI supports even more communication protocols, e.g. CAN, CAN FD, DoIP*, etc. (*Need an extra DoIP cable) and faster communication.
- Wireless communication offers flexible and easy connections for diagnostics, while a cabled connection offers a fast and stable connection over DOIP for advanced work like coding.
- Improved rugged housing for more drop protection, and Gorilla Glass touch screen.
LAUNCH X431 PRO3 Apex – Features:
- Full system OE-level diagnostics on 1996 and newer U.S, European and Asian vehicles.
- Automatically identify vehicle VINs.
- Full all system diagnostic functionality includes bi-directional control, remote, diagnosis, live data streaming
- Topology Module Mapping
- 37 Service Functions
- Component Matching: Compatible with Volkswagen / Skoda / Seat / BMW / GM / Ford / Opel / Mazda / Fiat / Honda / Nissan / Hyundai / Kia / Subaru etc.
- Advanced ECU coding and programmable module installation
- Optional ADAS calibration capability when paired with the X431 ADAS calibration tools.
- One-Stop info center includes vehicle repair information and latest updates
- Supports 8 Expansion modules
- Full Pre-OBDII Adapter set included (PRO SE v.5.0 includes no adapters and no carry case)
- Covers 99% of cars
ECU Coding – refers to updating existing code in the ECU with specific parameters
- Rewrite the code to match the replaced component after repair or replacement.
- Modify codes to activate preset functions as customers’ needs.
- Flash the hidden functions to improve driving capacity.
- Retrofit new modules for better comfort & safety.
- Online coding for automatically getting code data from the cloud server.
- For Ford, Mazda, Jaguar, Vauxhall, Opel, Benz, BMW, Audi, Porsche, VW, Nissan, Infiniti, Hyundai, etc.
Bi-directional Control (Active Test)
“Bi-directional Control” is practical for finding out what’s wrong with a car. The PRO3 Apex can actuate solenoids and actuators for active test and send commands to systems/components to test their working status, without using the vehicle controls or tearing the vehicle into parts.
- Injector Buzz Test
- Valve Tests
- A/C Compressor Activation
- Switch Cylinder Correction On/Off
- Turn the Radiator Fan On/Off
- Modulate Throttle On/Off
- Widely applied to Windows, Doors, Sunroof, Headlamps, etc
- Activate air-con compressor to test
Compatible Add-on Modules
- X-431 TSGUN (TPMS Tool)
- O2-2 Scopebox (Osilloscope)
- S2-2 SensorBox
- BST360 Battery Tester
- VSP-600 (Video Scope)
- Wi-Fi Printer
- X-Prog3 (Advanced Immobiliser and Key Programmer)
- Smartlink C 2.0 12V/24V Cars/Trucks VCI
- HD3 Module for Heavy Duty 24V Vehicles
Launch X431 PRO3 Apex has 37+ Service/Reset Functions
LAUNCH X431 PRO3 Apex can perform a wide range of special functions. These include but are not limited to :
1. ABS Bleeding
When the ABS contains air, ABS bleeding function must be done to bleed the brake system to restore ABS brake sensitivity.
2. TPMS Reset
If tire pressure is too low, the tire pressure monitoring device is replaced or installed, The tire pressure resett function must be performed to reset tire pressure and turn off the tire pressure MIL.
3. Oil Lamp Reset
Allows you to perform a service indicators reset for a new calculation of Engine Oil life system once oil is changed.
4. Electronic Throttle Sensor Reset
Initialize and reset the throttle actuator so that the learning value of the ECU returns to the initial factory state.
5. Injector Coding
After the ECU or injector is replaced, injector code of each cylinder must be confirmed or re-coded so that the cylinder can better identify injectors to accurately control fuel injection.
6. SAS Reset
It helps clear the faulty steering angle sensor memories to reset the steering angle and plays an important role in the steering angle sensor calibration.
7. Brake-pad Reset
To deactivate and activate the brake control systems, open and close brake pads, and set brakes after disc or pad replacement.
8. Gear Learning
Perform gear learning for the car when the engine ECU, the crankshaft position sensor, or the crankshaft flywheel is replaced.
9. IMMO Service
Prevent the car from being used by unauthorised keys, the anti-theft key matching function must be performed so that the IMMO system on the car identifies and authorises remote control keys to normally use the car.
10. Battery Matching
Enables you to perform a resetting operation on the monitoring unit of the battery, in which the original low battery fault information will be cleared.
11. DPF Regeneration
It is used to clear PM (Particulate Matter) from the DPF filter through continuous combustion oxidation mode. Specially works for Diesel Particulate Filter systems with DPF.
12. EGR Adaption
This function is used to learn the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation ) valve after it is cleaned or replaced.
13. Suspension Matching
When replacing the body height sensor in the air suspension system, or control module or when the vehicle level is incorrect, this function can adjust the body height sensor for level calibration.
14. NOx Sensor Reset
If the NOx fault is re-initialized or NOx catalytic converter is replaced, you need to reset the catalytic converter learned value stored in the engine ECU.
15. Tyre Reset
This function is used to set the size parameters of the modified or replaced tire.
16. Windows Calibration
This feature is designed to perform door window matching to recover ECU initial memory.
17. Stop-start Reset
This function is used to open or close the automatic Start/Stop function via setting the hidden function in ECU (The precondition is the vehicle equipped with hidden function and hardware support)
18. AC Initialization
AC system relearn/initialisation must be done when the vehicle AC ECU or actuator is replaced or the ECU memory is lost.
19. AdBlue Reset
After the diesel exhaust treatment fluid (car urea) is replaced or filled up, the urea reset operation is required.
20. AFS Headlamp Reset
This function enables you to initialize the adaptive headlamp system.
21. A/F Reset
This function is applied to set or learn air/fuel rate parameters.
22. Gearbox Reset
This function enables you to complete the gearbox self-learning to improve gear-shifting quality
23. Coolant Bleeding
Use this function to activate the electronic water pump before venting the cooling system.
24. Transport Mode
To lower vehicle power consumption, the user may perform the following operations: limit vehicle speed, minimise network use when door opens and disable the remote key, etc.
25. Seat Calibration
This function is applied to match the seats with memory functions that are replaced and repaired.
26. High Voltage Battery Detection
This function is used for high-voltage battery diagnosis and status information detection.
27. Sunroof Initialization
Set the sunroof to lock off, closed it when it rains, set sliding/tilting, set temperature threshold outside the car, etc.
28. Engine Power Balance Monitoring
This function is used to monitor crankshaft acceleration in the power stroke of each cylinder, to determine the relative power provided by each cylinder.
29. Language Change
This function is used to change the system language of the vehicle center console. note: you need to have a language pack to do a language change
30. Gas Particulate Filter (GPF) Regeneration
This function is used to perform the GPF replacement or regeneration after the fuel consumption is increased and engine output power is reduced resulting from a long time service of the GPF.
31. Intelligent Cruise Control System Reset
This function is used to match the intelligent cruise control module after it is replaced or repaired.
32. Reset Program (Extension – (Note: Available functions vary depending on the vehicle make, year, and model.)
NEWLY ADDED FUNTIONS
33. Clutch Matching
34. ECU Reset
35. FRM Module Reset
36. Motor Angle Calibration
37. Turbocharger Matching
Packing List of Launch X431 PRO Apex:
- X431 PRO3 Apex 5th Generation 10 inch Tablet
- VCI: DBSCar VII
- Power supply
- OBDI-16 pin connectors full set for non-OBDII cars (Separate carry case)
- Cables (Type A to C cable, etc.)
- Others (Fuse 5*20mm, etc.)
- Hard carry case
Comparison of Launch X431 PRO/PRO3 v5.0 Generation Diagnostic Tools
Auto Tools SA (Pty) Ltd is an authorised distributor for Launch. View our Authorised Dealer Certificate