Terms and Conditions
- DELIVERY CHARGES AND SHIPPING We courier orders door to door using The Courier Guy. They deliver countrywide. Their service is generally 1 business day delivery to main centres but can take up to 5 business days in remote areas. Standard delivery service does not include weekend delivery.
- NON-REPUDIATION OF PAYMENT – By clicking on the above buttons, you agree to the terms and conditions in this document and commit to the purchase and payment of items purchased. Payments which are stopped or cancelled one an item has been dispatched and/or received by the purchaser may result in a charge of theft been laid against the purchaser and criminal proceedings will be followed. Autotools.co.za further reserves the right to cancel any order where payment has not been received within 48 hours. It is entirely the discretion of the seller (Autotools.co.za) whether to allow order cancellations if stock has specifically been reserved for an order. An order cancellation fee of 10% of the value of your order may be levied.
- OZOW – Instant EFT and Paygate SiD Instant EFT (Preferred payment option) – These are the fastest payment methods here at Autotools.co.za. No proof of payment required and no long waiting periods for payment to clear. Orders placed are confirmed and processed without delay, during business hours.
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS – Due to high incidences of credit card fraud and reversal of payment scams along with the 3.5% fees we do not currently offer credit card as a payment method. We offer the lowest prices that we can and having to increase our prices to suit credit card payments means we could not offer the best competitive prices. We do apologise for the inconvenience.
- BANK DEPOSITS AND BANK TRANSFERS – For bank transfers and Internet transfers, please send proof of payment directly from your internet banking app. Otherwise allow 1-2 working days for the payment to reflect in our account, or pay by Ozow’s Instant EFT payment portal for immediate clearance of the payment. If your payment via direct transfer is not received within 48 hours of placing your order, we reserve the right to cancel your order as we cannot reserve stock indefinitely.
- STOCK AVAILABILITY – Your items will only be shipped once your payment has cleared into our account. Most of our items are normally in stock, however all items are subject to availability as depicted on the item shopping pages. Certain items do have a longer lead time than others. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available and quote you an approximate shipping date. Alternatively you can contact us via Whatsaop, or email Dave@autotools.co.za or Sales@autotools.co.za before placing your order to confirm item availability. It is at the sellers’ discretion to do part-shipments of orders.
- PRICE FLUCTUATIONS – The seller reserves the right to change prices of item on the site at any time. We may do this to react to competitive conditions, stock levels, currency exchange rate fluctuations or for the purposes of running specials and stock clearance sales. In most instances the size of incoming shipments drastically effect shipping costs and prices from our suppliers which may also effect pricing. We may also pass on specials or price increases from our suppliers. We are in no way obligated to pass credits for items previously purchased that may currently be at lower prices than what you purchased them for. Conversely we are not obligated to honour previous prices at which items are purchased.
- OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS – All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Autotools.co.za. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Autotools.co.za. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose. This site is owned and operated by Auto Tools SA (Pty) Ltd, reg. 2017/528674/07 trading as www.Autotools.co.za.
- ACCURACY OF CONTENT – Autotools.co.za. has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. All prices are displayed inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.Packaging may vary from that shown. The weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Autotools.co.za disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. Autotools.co.za shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
- ORDERING ERRORS – You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on “submit” or “make payment” on the final page of our ordering process. Autotools.co.za cannot accept responsibility for items incorrectly ordered or non-compatibility of accessories with your device. The onus is on the Purchaser to ensure compatibility of products before making purchases. It is up to the sellers discretion to allow returns based on incorrect items being ordered. See section 14 “Returns”.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER – If you have supplied us with your email address, we will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and email you again to confirm details. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon dispatch of the product(s) ordered.
- GIFT WRAPPING – We are unable to offer a gift wrapping service at present.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES – We might place links on this website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. Autotools.co.za cannot accept any liability in respect of the use or accuracy of content of these websites.
- RETURNS AND REFUNDS – If your items are received faulty, please return it to us in or with its original packaging within 7 days of receipt and we will test it and send you a replacement if it is faulty. After 7 days faulty goods will be first be inspected and then sent to the supplier for repair or replacement. Due to the complex type of products we trade in, we do not offer refunds for goods incorrectly ordered, or due to software incompatibility with your computer operating system, or due to insufficient technical skill to operate the software. If you are not sure of the compatibility or technical complexities of a product, phone or e-mail us before ordering, and we will either check or ask our supplier what is appropriate for you.
Please note that we do not accept returns or offer refunds if you are unhappy with the product design, colouring, operation, specifications and functionality. These are items under control of the manufacturer and not us. We merely market and resell their equipment. The onus is upon the client to research the particular product’ functionality, specifications sheets through either manufacturer documentation or websites, user forums and review sites before making purchases. If you have queries about a product please contact Autotools.co.za before placing your order. STRICTLY NO REFUNDS ON KEY PROGRAMMING AND MILEAGE CORRECTION EQUIPMENT.
- Returns of out-of-box failure products cannot be accepted if the product, cables, and protective packing or accessories are damaged, torn or missing from the original packaging. If the product is damaged or appears mishandled in any way then a return or refund will not be accepted. The Purchaser is responsible for costs of shipping for returns and the Seller is responsible for shipping of replacement units if the unit is faulty. It is entirely the discretion of the seller to allow returns in exchange for other goods. In this case the cost of return shipment is for the buyers’ account. If the seller allows a return, a 20% re-stocking fee is chargeable. Returned goods remain your property and responsibility until such time as Autotools.co.za signs acceptance of the return delivery of the goods. We strongly advise you to use a secure courier service for the return of goods. Any item returned to Autotools.co.za where the purchaser deems to the item to be faulty and it is found to be in working order will be only be shipped back to the purchaser once the shipping fee has been paid by the purchaser. By default the item will be shipped with normal parcel post unless requested to do otherwise by the purchaser.
- LIMITED WARRANTY – All our electronics goods carry a Limited Warranty, depending on the item. All warranty claims after 7 days must involve the faulty items being returned to Autotools.co.za for replacement or repair. Non electronic goods including accessories, cables are covered by a 7 day OTB (out the box) warranty. Goods found to be faulty within 7 days of purchase will be swapped out for a new replacement. In order to provide you with the most competitive purchase prices possible, Autotools.co.za imports all their products directly from distributors/resellers of various manufacturers and as such we will support the purchaser in terms of warranty and after sales service as per the Limited Warranty. In this case any authorised South African distributor of these products is under no obligation to honour the manufacturers guarantees/warrantees or to provide after sales service.
- PASSWORD / ACCOUNT SECURITY – You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Autotools.co.za shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. If you feel your account has been compromised you must notify us immediately on ph. 076 536 9303 or ph. 082 707 7120.
- SITE, SHOP AND FORUM MEMBERSHIP – The seller reserves the right to discontinue your membership to the shopping cart, forums and newsletter subscriptions at any time.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS – Only bank transfers, Skrill or Paypal are considered for International orders.
- PARALLEL IMPORTS – Unless otherwise specified, many of our our products are parallel imports imported by us, from an authorised supplier in the country of manufacture, not sourced through a local South African agents. They have no obligation to honour the manufacturer’s guarantees/ warrantees or to provide after sales service. Warranty and support is covered by us, and through our distributors in the country of manufacturer.
20. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Save as set out in the terms, Autotools.co.za makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, or implied in law or residual) regarding the website and the products and the website and products made available via the website are provided “as is”.
Neither Autotools.co.za or its directors shall be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) and/or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party, as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website and/or any information contained on or via the website and/or your use of the products purchased. Without limiting the generality of the a foregoing, neither Autotools.co.za nor its directors shall be liable for any failure and/or unavailability of the website for any reason whatever and/or the failure/delay by any third party service provider to render any service which are necessary to ensure the availability of the website. You hereby indemnify Autotools.co.za or its directors against any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party as a result of or which may be attributable directly or indirectly to the aforesaid. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Autotools.co.za shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, contingent or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of business, loss of data and/or loss of profits) incurred or sustained by you or any third party howsoever arising in respect of your use of or reliance of any information offered on or via the website and/or your use of the products.
By using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions in this document and commit to the purchase and payment of items purchased. It is entirely the discretion of the seller (Autotools.co.za) whether to allow order cancellations depending on if stock has been reserved or not. An order cancellation fee of 15% of the value of your order will be levied. The seller reserves the right to report non-payers to ITC and any other bureaus of similar functionality, and revoke all access to membership and shopping areas on this web site.